favorite clothing store

Friday 31 May 2013

How Fashionable Business Attire for Women can actually make them look unprofessional.

Fashionable Business attire for Women is something women have been investing into for years, but they fail to realize that they need to draw a line between their fashion and their mind

Last year I had the prestigious opportunity to be interviewed by Microsoft Canada for a Marketing Co-op position at their headquarters in Mississauga. As every interviewee, I was incredibly nervous to the point where you spin into infinity and are unable to get rid of those bouncing butterflies hammering you from the inside.

My nervousness got the best of me and the events that followed my day are definitely something that I was not proud of.


Figure 1.  Business Tweed skirt suit. [Photograph] by SalonMystique, 2009, 
3 hours before my Interview: I grabbed onto my “only” pair of Business dress pants in an effort to get rid of the ragged ends, grabbed a huge pair of scissors and chopped them down. After a failed attempt to revive my business pants, I decided to achieve the “trendy business attire for women” look and threw on a Business dress.

2 hours before my Interview: I stuffed myself into a pair of pump shoes, as unfortunately my Business heels were just too shiny and cheap for an interview with one of the Fortune 500 companies… Hey, call me Ms. Obsessive, but if you were in my 120$ Zara pumps being interviewed by one of the best companies to work for on the planet, you would perhaps end up going through a similar scenario, especially with your heart pounding repeatedly like a ticking time bomb.

1 hour before my Interview: I hopped onto the bus, which would take me to my destination: Microsoft Canada – A company that I had been dreaming to work for since I was 14 years old.  My interview however, was an utter disaster. The bus driver decided to guide me to the wrong bus stop and I ended up waddling about in my very stylish business attire for women look for 30 minutes; until 10 minutes to my interview a bus finally arrived to pick me up in my lost state of mind.

My interview was a complete mess. I was too tired to think straight, and walking for 20 minutes in my huge pumps looking for the entrance to a mammoth of a building did not do me any good.
Would you like to share any stories about issues with your business attire dress code, which you felt was an embarrassing scenario?

If you are an intern and would like to learn more about interview attire for young interns then check this out http://bizfashionpros.blogspot.ca/2013/06/how-to-choose-right-internship.html


No comments:

Post a Comment